It seems Capcom revealed some new stuff regarding the upcoming expansion and new box art and trailer:
Some mixed feelings here.
The thumbs up go for:
- Level 3 Skills – each character class with a new tier of skills, giving players new devastating abilities and skills to master
- Over 100 pieces of new equipment – All new high level weapons and armor sets for players venturing into the underground caverns
- 14 new character/Pawn augments
- New tiers of equipment enhancement
- Increased character customization options
- Item appraisal
- Option to select Japanese voice over
- Expansion will contain the whole game and for much lower price as at release day. (Get more, pay less!)
Unfortunately there are some not so good news, especially for the original owners. We won’t be able to download only the expansion package for a lower price. Want it or not – we should get the new content and the old one. This means – that if you have already the game and want the expansion, you are buying it as second time just for the expansion. Capcom’s Senior Vice-President, Christian Svensson, wrote:
“I get it guys. We went round and round with the team on this topic as it would have been a preferred option from our standpoint too. As it turns out, I’m sorry but unfortunately there were major technical limitations that couldn’t allow for a digital upgrade path. The original game was just not designed to be expanded (no hooks in the original code) and so a full-game delivery mechanism was the only option. We also tried to explore a number of mechanisms to try and otherwise put this full product in original owners hands at a discount digitally but we would have run afowl of a few first party policies.”
This is the reason owners will receive 100 000 Rift Crystals, unlimited Ferrystones and the Gransys Armour Pack consisting of six brand new costumes for free.
To be honest I feel a bit played by Capcom.